ASANRA is currently funded by member subscriptions. At the current levels, the subscriptions adequately cover operating expenses and contribute towards financing of projects.
The 2009/14 Strategic and Business Plan projects that the association will secure additional funding through grants to cover at least 40% of programme costs. Such grants will fully be utilised for “soft” projects such as studies, guidelines etc and not “hard” capital projects such as road construction and rehabilitation.
ASANRA has todate collaborated with development partners on bilateral or multi-lateral basis. These include, but not necessarily limited to:
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ)
- European Union (EU);
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD);
- Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA);
- United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID);
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID);
- Internation Road Federation (IRF) and;
- USA Trade Hub.